Grants Pass Child & Spousal Support Lawyer

A recognized leader in divorce and family law in Southern Oregon

Helping You Achieve Your Child Support And Spousal Support Goals

The state of Oregon expects parents to contribute to the support of their children. In most cases, a parent who does not have primary custody must make monthly child support payments based on statutory guidelines. The primary factors that determine the child support level are the incomes of the parents, the number of overnights the child has with each parent and health care costs.

But determining the correct child support level involves much more than merely plugging numbers into a formula. Accurate income figures must be obtained and there can be unique factors that must be considered. To protect your rights and obtain a child support order that is correct and fair, you should seek the advice of an experienced family law attorney.

Child Support

At Lynn M. Myrick Attorney at Law, we represent parents in all aspects of child support. For more than 30 years, we have provided parents in southern Oregon with sound advice and effective representation in family court.

Our law firm can assist you in child support matters involving:

  • Determination of the correct child support level
  • Modifications in child support
  • Enforcement of child support orders
  • Paternity as it relates to child support

If a significant change in circumstances has occurred, Grants Pass child support attorney Lynn M. Myrick can represent you in court seeking a modification of the required child support level. Our firm also has the experience and resources needed to address complex child support issues such as those involving self-employed parents or parents who are hiding income.

Spousal Support

Unlike child support, there are no statutory guidelines for spousal support (sometimes referred to as alimony). In fact, in many cases spousal support is optional and the parties can agree to a settlement that specifically includes or excludes spousal support. However, the court can mandate the payment of temporary or permanent spousal support, particularly when one spouse lacks the ability to support herself or himself. Spousal support is treated as taxable income for the receiver and is tax-deductible for the payer, so it is vital that you have experienced and knowledgeable counsel. Lynn M. Myrick Attorney at Law, will work diligently to protect your rights and achieve your goals.

Contact A Lawyer

To schedule a consultation about a child support or spousal support matter, call Lynn M. Myrick Attorney at Law at 541-479-5444 or contact us online.